Sunday, February 14, 2010

Binions and Nugget

What a long day.

Started in the 2pm tourney, I forgot my wallet. Luckily Adrian came over and lent me his cab fair so I could play. Went out fairly early. Couldn't win a race, opponents kept hitting their cards on turn and river, and I couldn't get cards as the blinds increased. The 7pm tourney went along in a similar fashion, bad run of cards. The 10pm tourney I finished fifth, and it paid four spots.

The last tourney of the evening was at 1AM at the Golden Nugget. It was a bit over two tables. I got some decent cards, made some good plays and hung in to the final table. It paid three spots and there were five of us left and after break blinds were going up... I had a mere 11k left and would need some incredible luck to make it to the money. Out of curiosity I calculated how much each person would get if it was split five ways. It was about 264$ each, or third place. After break I shrugged and mentioned that a five way split would give everyone third place money, and much to my surprise they all agreed that it sounded like a good idea! I was blown away, here I am with 5 big blinds in a five handed table, and they were willing to just split it up. So that covered the three binion's buy-ins.

Then I went over to Binions and lost more money in 2-4 limit. I could not catch a break, even when I caught a hand.

It was almost 5AM, and I went to check out the 1-2NL tables at Golden Nugget. I sat down to a table that had many many deep stacks. There was this crazy black curly haired guy who was bumping pots up into the 20's without hesitation. Straddles ran rampant, and I thought maybe I could sit through for a quick double or triple up. The first pot I get into, he raises a large amount pre-flop, and I have 33. I go all in and it isolates him and I head's up. He has AK. Unfortunately he hits and A on the flop and I never improve. 95$ go to his stack. I came back about 10 minutes later for more. I sit down with 200, and over the course of about 90 minutes tear his stack apart, and luck out against a tight player at the table. I left with over 700$ I was hitting random stuff that people couldn't put me on, and The last hand I played against the curly haired dude, I had A9, and the flop came 99J. He raised on the flop after I checked to him, and I went all-in. He tanked for a while and called. I tossed down my A9, and took the last of his money. He was not happy and will not soon forget me. Fun night!

No comments:

Post a Comment