Thursday, March 4, 2010

Golden Nugget, Wynn

So, a few good stories over the intervening days.

Blew quite a bit at the Wynn classic, mostly on satellites, also bombed out of the two expensive tourneys.

But, a summary...

Wynn:
Bought into 5/10 with minimum buy-in of 500. AQ, raised, flop came QQ4, River 5, Turn 6, ended up tripling up. As I was racking up to run, I got AA, had one caller, bet 150$ on flop, 150$ on turn, double-checked on river, I won hand. Left.

Two nights ago, I got broadway on the turn, thought it would be a chop, shoved for 500$ or so on the river. He had two pair.

Last night, I had 8T suited, got a straight on the turn, river came 8, putting a straight on the board. Other player grinned at me, went all in. I tanked for about 15 seconds, realized his betting patterns were too strange for JT, when I had the flush T, so I called. He had A8, and was playing the board straight, he thought we were chopping. I had 700$ behind me and there was another 250$ in the pot.

Good times. My tournaments have been dry though.

No comments:

Post a Comment