Thursday, February 4, 2010

Binions

Summary
Date: Feb 3rd to Feb 4th 4:20AM
Binion's 100 -> 63, 60 -> 366, 118 -> 0, 200+100 -> 0, 200 -> 263
Net: Down ~86
Cash-in-hand: ~1360

Binions:
Arrived around 9:30, played 2-4L waiting for tourney to start. Had A6, flop was AAT, paid out to river against someone who flopped full house. Luckily it was a limit game. I actually could have gotten away much sooner, as my kicker was junk, and the player was a super-tight old man. I had only seen three hands, but I still noticed that almost immediately, especially with the way the dealer was talking to him.

Binions tourney:
Was playing very tight, aggressive, and fairly smart. Didn't bother stealing the blinds so much when they were low during the first few levels, but I still ended up with a decent stack of greens. Mid-level in the tourney I kept an eye out for tight players who I could push out, and started buying blinds with decent bets if my hand had flop potential. Almost every pot I won in the middle-levels was without showdown. The blind started getting ridiculous, 800, 1600. There was one caller, and I was on the button. With the small blind and big blind in pot there was a total of 4000, my stack was about 11-12k, and I considered a move with (KQ)h, but realized, based on the blinds and amount in the pot, I would not be able to buy it. I simply called. Flop came ATh3. It was checked around to me. I thought for a while, and bet 4500. The blinds folded instantly, but the caller tanked for a minute, counted out his chips, and had 4500. I had not realized his stack was so low. He called with A7. I did not back-door to a flush, nor did I hit my gut-shot straight, losing a big pot. I proceeded to crawl ahead a bit, winning a pot here and there until I got almost stacked. Blinds were up to 3k, and I was at 4k. Folded to button, who pushed, I grinned and called the other 1k, regardless of my cards. He turned over AQoff, and I turned over 49off. I made a four on the flop, and then another on the river, winning the pot. Over the course of the next 30 minutes I won almost every show down and got a decent number of pushable hands. The player to my right shoved pre-flop in the small blind, I snap-called with AT. He had 28. I took his chips after a T hit the flop. A little while later it was down to three players. I looked around at the stacks and we were all within striking distance of each other. I asked the others if they wanted to chop the winnings 550, 330, and 220. I was middle stacked at 35k, big stack was 47k and short stack was 23k. They all agreed and we played a showdown to see who won the victory shirt. Appropriately it went to the big stack, who had 27 on the showdown and paired up.

I took a break for a while, trying to relax a bit, and talked with Frank. He mentioned that there was a 1AM tourney at the Golden Nugget and I offered to stake him (60$) and split his winnings. He was apparently down 10g for his Vegas trip. Unfortunately they had canceled their tourney.

Went back to Binion's and lost with AK three or four times. Sort of tilted/donk'ed off all my winnings for that evening, overplayed hands and didn't let them go when I knew I was beat. Tried to make plays that were not credible and lost a vast majority of my hands. Bleh.

No comments:

Post a Comment