Saturday, March 20, 2010

2pm Binions Tourney

I had sour luck hitting hands, and even getting decent holdings. I was down to 2500, with average stack 14000, blinds 200/400. All-in mode worked for me. Stole two sets of blinds, and then doubled up. I was at around 11k, with average stack 16.7k. Then I made a few mistakes. I was button with 67s, facing a min raise from the cut-off. I call, flop comes 6Q8, none in my suit. It's checked to me. I shove, he snap-calls with QQ.

A few problems here:
1) I called a raise with mediocre holdings to be taken (likely) heads-up.
2) I did not connect firmly with flop, yet over-committed with very few draws.
3) I lost my whole stack with one pair, and a weak one at that.

The night before, at Golden Nugget, I played perfectly, but lost on the river twice when I was about a 9-to-1 favorite on the turn. Guy landed two pair one time, and the other time the guy landed trips. Second time I had some well-disguised aces, head's up, and he had top pair with QT. Went to the cash game and made back about 150$.

Will hit another tourney this evening, hopefully I can play it more solidly.

--G

No comments:

Post a Comment